Sunday, October 4, 2009

Peaches!

Angela and I got peaches at the Caldwell Church Orchard for $10/bushel. We picked them ourselves. We also picked for the church. We filled one of their huge white bins. We wore aprons that were supposed to hold a bushel but I think it held more. We bottled 28 quarts each. For the last few years we have canned at my house. This year we canned at Angela's house. I can't help but smile at the finished product! It's a such a good feeling to know we are adding to our food storage! We started in the afternoon and then took a break for a few hours and then started again around 9:30 pm and finished at 1:00 am.
I was so sad! My first jar of peaches broke while processing. I'm sure it won't be the last! I was pretty wiped out by the end!

2 comments:

  1. Talk about impressive! 28 quarts?! Go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Canning Queen! I also heard you are the Coupon Queen, Garage Sale Queen, and Cooking Queen. Am I missing anything else? You are amazing! Your family better love you a whole bunch for canning all that fruit!!

    ReplyDelete