Sunday, June 14, 2009

Surgery day June 11th

Thursday June 11Th, Garrett had his Tonsils and Adenoids out. He was a real trooper. We got to the hospital by 7:30am. He was scheduled for surgery at 8:30am. He did not go back to surgery until noon. I felt so bad for him. The picture below is him in the pre-op room, watching Star Wars episode I. As you can see he was not about to wear the hospital gown!

Here are some videos we took of Garrett after he was given some medicine to help him relax. It was supposed to make him a little loopy and then fall asleep. Well it made him really loopy and hyper! It was pretty funny! The doctor said that she hasn't seen a reaction like that in a long time! Surgery went well. The doctor said that his tonsils definitely had to come out! Recovery didn't go so good. Garrett had a hard time coming off the anesthesia. He was really upset that they took his tonsils out and he wanted them back! Getting him to eat and drink has been a challenge, but we have finally convinced him that it would be a good idea or we would head back to the hospital. We are grateful to all the friends and family that called and sent packages to wish him well!


4 comments:

  1. Hook me up with some of those medicines to help me relax!!!!! STAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The videos are hilarious!!! I feel your pain about the recovery I thought Hallie would feel pretty good in 3-5 days but it was a good week. Hope he gets feeling better soon and that you are all hanging in there! love ya take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you guys! I'm glad the surgery went well and that's it's over with! We miss you guys already - a whole 10 minutes away. We'll have to get you over to play soon, once the boxes are all empty!

    ReplyDelete